Big Live's patent-pending technology provides standards-based messaging and presence for large audiences in real time.
- XMPP extensions are used for group chat, authentication, one to one messages, and connections over HTTP.
- Group chats are limited to relatively small numbers of users so conversations among them remain possible, and users are free to migrate from group to group within the audience.
- Each user is presented with presence or a subset of the overall crowd. The user can control which portion of the crowd is tracked by paging forward and back in a given list or filtering for age and gender.
- Messages and presence can tagged with external IDs enabling interaction with the sender on other platforms. At present, Twitter and Facebook are supported, and the companion web application exposes links to profile pages on those platforms.
- Multiple crowds may run concurrently without interference.
The messaging middleware is implemented in Erlang / OTP. Data structures requiring indexing are stored in memory with Redis. Simple data is stored in memory with Membase.
Scale of Engagements
Initial scaling work has been successful. Crowds numbering in the tens of thousands are a real possibility. For larger engagements, get in touch.
424 272 5015