- What information Big Live gathers from you.
- How Big Live uses the personal information you share with us and that we learn about you because of our relationship.
- How Big Live uses "cookies" and "IP Addresses."
- What personal information, if any, Big Live may share about you and the measures we use to protect your information if it must be shared.
- What kind of security measures Big Live takes to protect your information from accidental loss or disclosure and how Big Live will inform you in the event of a security breach.
- Other things you should know about privacy and Big Live.
COLLECTED INFORMATION AND USAGE
Big Live collects and uses information you provide to us including information obtained from your use of this Website. We are not in the business of selling information about you. Big Live does not share your personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. We may use or share your personal information (e.g., name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address) where it is necessary for us to complete a transaction or do something that you have asked us to do. For example, Big Live employees, agents, and service providers who need to access personal information you have provided to fulfill their responsibilities may do so consistent with Big Live"s policies that limit access to this type of information.
Whenever we may need to share your personal information, we try to provide you with the information you need to make informed, reasonable choices and we manage your information consistent with applicable privacy law.
Big Live collects and uses personal information from you in several ways:
- Website Usage. Big Live may observe your activities, preferences, and transactional data (such as your IP address and browser type) as well as pages you have viewed during your use of this Website. While we may collect or log this information, we do not identify you or match this non-personal information with your other personal information. We may use this collected or logged information to diagnose Website technical problems, or to facilitate your use of the site. Big Live, or one of our vendors or suppliers, also may use this information to track aggregate traffic patterns throughout this Website.
- E-Commerce. You may be asked to share personal information such as your name, address, and telephone number in order to complete a transaction. When you make a purchase through Big Live you may be asked for information needed to complete your order, contact you to confirm the order, and provide related customer service. This information is used, for example, to effect your transactions, and to create and share aggregate reports about these transactions.
- Cookies. To the extent Website usage information is developed in connection with your IP address through session cookies, we will only use this information to facilitate your use of the Big Live website. Cookies are data files that are written onto your computer by a Website. At the end of your visit, the session cookies are removed.
You may set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie or to refuse receiving it. You should be aware that this may interfere with or make you unable to use certain functionalities on websites using cookies. You may also delete cookies from your computer through your browser.
- Children. If under the relevant laws of the place where you are visiting this Website you would be required to have parental or guardian consent to share information with Big Live, you should not send any information about yourself to us. For example, if you are a resident of the United States of America you should not submit information to Big Live unless you are at least 13 years old. If a person under 13 submits information through any part of the Website, and we learn the person submitting the information is a child, we will attempt to delete this information as soon as possible. Because we do not knowingly collect any personal information from persons under 13, we do not use or disclose such information to third parties.
- Public Areas. Any information disclosed in public areas of the Website will become public information. We cannot control the use of information disclosed in public forums, such as bulletin boards, blogs and chat rooms. You should exercise caution when disclosing information in these public areas and should refrain from disclosing your personal information. Content posted in public areas of the Big Live website, including, but not limited to, advice and opinions, represents the views and is the responsibility of those who post the content. Big Live does not necessarily endorse, support, verify or agree with content posted by users. If you have any questions or comments about any content on the Website, then please email us at email@example.com.
WHEN BIG LIVE MAY SHARE COLLECTED INFORMATION
As mentioned at the beginning of this policy, Big Live may share your personal information with our subsidiaries, affiliated companies, and other trusted businesses or persons to fulfill its obligations to you and operate its business consistent with this policy and applicable law. Big Live may also share your personal information with third parties in the following situations.
- Big Live Vendors and Suppliers. Big Live may work with vendors and suppliers to provide technical and customer support or other services. To the extent it is necessary for these service providers to complete their contractual obligations to Big Live, these third parties may have access to or process your personal information. Big Live limits their use of your personal information to the purpose for which it was shared. Big Live may sometimes permit our authorized service providers to have access to aggregate statistics about our customers, sales, traffic patterns, and related site information. These transfers of aggregate statistics do not involve personal data.
- Mergers, Acquisitions and Insolvency. If Big Live should ever file for bankruptcy or merge with another company, or if Big Live should decide to buy, sell or reorganize some part or all of its business, Big Live may be required to disclose your personal information to prospective or actual purchasers or receive personal information from sellers. It is Big Live"s practice to seek appropriate protection for information disclosed or received in these types of transactions consistent with applicable data protection law.
- As Required by Law and Other Extraordinary Disclosures. Big Live may be required to disclose your personal information: (i) if it believes it is reasonably necessary to comply with legal process (such as a court order, subpoena, search warrant, etc.) or other legal requirements of any governmental authority, (ii) would potentially mitigate our liability in an actual or potential lawsuit, (iii) is otherwise necessary to protect our rights, property or business interests, or (iv) is necessary to protect the legal rights or property of others.
SPECIAL NOTICE TO INTERNATIONAL VISITORS
The website is hosted in and provided from the United States. If you are visiting from the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, including those whose privacy laws may be more strict than U.S. law, please note that you are transferring your personal data to the United States to Big Live. By providing your personal data you consent to that transfer and use.
No data transmissions over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make reasonable efforts to ensure security on our systems. We use secure server software (SSL) and firewalls to protect your information from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of such firewalls and secure server software. In fact, personal information has been obtained from United States Government through breaches of security protocols at government computer facilities.
If Big Live learns of a security systems breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. By using this Website or providing personal information to us you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of this site. Big Live may post a notice on our Website if a security breach occurs. If this happens, you will need a web browser enabling you to view the Big Live.com Website. Big Live may also send an email to you at the email address you have provided to us in these circumstances. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive free written notice of a security breach (or to withdraw your consent from receiving electronic notice) you should notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org
LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY SITES AND CO-BRANDED WEBSITES
This Website may contain links to third-party sites, however, please be aware that Big Live is not responsible for and cannot control the privacy practices of these other sites. We encourage you to read the privacy policies for these other sites, as they may differ from ours.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY BY BIG LIVE
When you provide Big Live with personal information, if you allow us, we may communicate with you by the method you choose about topics of your choosing. Big Live seeks your consent to receive marketing communications from us when you provide your personal information.
HOW TO CONTACT US
Postal Mail Address:
Big Live, Inc.,
930 Montgomery St. Suite 300
San Francisco, CA 94133